Friday, May 9, 2008

90 Days....

Today is day one of my 90 day, 1st quarter of weight loss program. I went to the doctor last week for regular blood workup, etc... well, the nurse called on Wednesday and said the doctor wanted to see me... hmmm, not what you want to hear.

The bloodwork numbers weren't good. I know the cholesterol numbers would not be good. They weren't. Triglycerids, really bad. Glucose, worse than ever. Pre-diabetic. I have to go back to the dr. on Tuesday to discuss stuff. I feel like i've been called to the principals office. I don't want to go on lipitor, crestor, any of those statins to lower the cholesterol. I was on Vitorin which was the only med that didn't make my whole body hurt, then we find out that does no good what so-ever. The nurse said he would probably put me on fish oil to lower the triglycerid numbers. That I think I can handle. I hate taking medicines. I forget them.

Day one, egg white omelet with 1 tbls ham, muchrooms, 1 tsp mozzerella cheese. 1 bagel toasted. Salad with roast turkey, tomatos, spritz dressing and whole wheat crackers for dinner. 25 minutes on the treadmill.

I'm not silly enough to put my starting weight here, i'll just be giving plus or minus weights on each blog. Any positive feedback or encouragement appreciated.

No comments: