Saturday, September 13, 2008

Glad to be home

I am so glad to be home. I left Tuesday for a conference in Phoenix which I really enjoyed since it is my "fleet" peers from all over the country. Many of these folks I've known now for 13 plus years. I network and learn from these conferences WAY more than I do just doing the work every day. We were at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge which was really nice. They have done some upgrades and i enjoyed it much more than I did the Marco Island Marriott. The service was great, the pool(s) were terrific and I actually slept good.

One thing I do have to perfect is the art of packing. I'm a girl, I need lots of stuff but it took nearly an hour to get my bag after landing. Then it took more than 15 minutes after I called for Park Air Express to get me from the airport. I've been using them for over 2 years now as my off airport parking service. Over the past 6 months they have gotten progressively worse. This was my last trip using them. So, new resolutions:
  1. Pack in a carry on size bag only.
  2. Figure out another park and fly service.

I know I could park at the terminal but that is also a pain if you leave out of A and return to C. Besides that, I have trouble remembering where my truck is when I come out to the grocery store, much less after 3 days out of town.

These conferences are terrible for any diet. Since my blood sugar levels have me at a fraction below the level for a diabetic I'm really trying to watch what I'm eating. It is really really hard. I did walk and swim some while there but not nearly enough.

Today has been very relaxing. I have my personal laptop up and running and I've done it all in my PJ's while watching the radar on TV and the wind blow outside with the remnants of Hurrican Ike. Yes, we have remnants in Dallas. Lately, I have been the Hurrican Magnet.

No comments: