Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Connecting

I'm finding old friends.

I got on Facebook a couple of months back somehow... oh yea, a couple of friends from high school were on it and mentioned that it was a good way to connect. Tonight I had drinks/dinner with a friend who I haven't talked to in 3o years. 30 years!!!! I'm not that old am I? We both married young, had kids young, divorced young, were single moms and have way too much in common. We weren't really close in high school but we talked for nearly 4 hours straight tonight at dinner. Yes, if you weren't there we probably talked about you! I wish I had taken our picture. I've got to remember to keep the camera in my purse! She is still "most beautiful" just like way back then.

I have also found another friend from way back, again about 28 years. Robin and I worked together at my very first grown up girl job. We've email and talked on the phone but haven't been able to get together yet. Life keeps getting in the way. There are others, one friend from junior high who I have thought about often, Pam. She was a twin and I remember spending the night at her house and having so much fun. She's in Arkansas and I would love to be able to catch up with her too.

I learned over the past few days of numerous people being layed off from work. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Lots and lots of my old Pizza Hut buds, etc... So, every day now I go to work and am thankful to have the job. the benefits and the paycheck. Thinking about the alternative gives me chills.

No comments: