Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to me?

Today is Christmas Eve 2008 and since August I have been struggling to keep my weight in check in order to lower my cholesterol and glucose numbers. It hasn't worked. Today I was diagnosed as having Type 2 diabetes. Happy Holidays.
Life is not fair.
I guess I was in denial or was fooling myself that I was doing what I was supposed to. I hate to exercise, I love to cook and I love food. My Dad was diagnosed at 65 with diabetes and my mom has high cholesterol. Mine has been high for the past 10 years now.
I now have a glucometer and have been ordered to lose at least 5 pounds in the next 6 weeks and show significantly lower numbers or I go on oral medication. I feel like food is my enemy now and my body is a war zone. If the glucose #'s go up so does the LDL cholesterol #.
Going out to eat is a chore, finding something to eat as a snack is a pain in the butt. I hate it. I find you are actually afraid to eat.

So, now I now where the cranky disposition has come from. Bah Hum bug and all that. Merry Christmas to me.

No comments: