Thursday, May 14, 2009

Food, cooking, nerves

Tonight is my first ever cooking demo. I was counting on like 15-20 people. Well, we have RSVP's for 38. This is a group of women from my church, Meadows Baptist in Plano, so hopefully a little forgiveness if I totally screw up.

When you think about Emeril, Paula Deen, Giada, Rachel Ray. Bobby Flay and all those TV chefs, you think.... Well that can't be that hard. THEY HAVE PEOPLE!!!! I've been cooking and prepping all day. THEY have multiple camara's, THEY have retakes...

OK so far my big catastrophe: I always always put a dishtowel under my cutting board to keep it from sliding across the counter.. did I say always? Today, I didn't. I had cored about 50 cherry tomatoes and had begun stuffing them with a mayo/garlic/bacon mixture... the cutting board slid into the tupperware container that the filled tomatoes were sitting in. Tomatoes went a'flyin! Across the kitchen floor, into the dog bowl.... it was a mess. So, start over on the tomatoes....


to be continued....

No comments: