Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Event

The big event of June 2010 is the birth of our first granddaughter, Skylar Peyton Gore. 

Skylar made her entrance on June 17 at 12:25pm weighing in at 7 pounds 4 ounces.  Coming in by C-section, little Skylar took in a little too much fluid during birth and had to have her little stomach pumped. How sad is that?!  That procedure caused her to lose some weight but she is now doing fine but a little jaundiced. Momma Laura came through like a champ and is anxious to get home. 
Pops (hubby) was there for the delivery while I was en route back from my CA trip. The original plan was for me to arrive at DFW and head straight to the hospital.  Unfortunately, I had a pink eye scare and stayed away from both mom and baby till I went to the doctor and found that I had an allergic reaction to something. 

My first introduction was on Saturday the 19th and found her to be a beauty!!!

No comments: