Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some of my favorite Veterans....

I love these old photos.  These are my Daddy (Daddy Buck) and my uncles.
L to R - Wayne (Buck) Moore, Fred Moore, Bill Moore

Fred Moore.  He and Uncle Bill started the whole barbeque business.

Uncle Bo.  (James) Moore.  The baby of the family.

My Daddy and my oldest brother Wayne. This is about 65 years ago.  Daddy was a cook in the Coast Guard and served in what they called the Hooligan Navy.  They commandeered yachts at the NY Yacht Club and patrolled the east coast for enemy subs.

Daddy and Mom. They got married when she was 17 and he went off to the service.

Daddy and ?

Daddy Buck

Buck  - Coast Guard, Fred - Navy

Uncle Fred and Aunt Louise

My mothers brother Harold (Uncle Shorty)

My Dad and his brothers

Bill Moore
My brother in law Carl (Bo, yes another one).  Viet Nam veteran.

And my niece Jess, Navy veteran. I think, Desert Storm
THANKS TO THEM ALL

No comments: