Thursday, December 20, 2012

and all of the sudden

Back on October 1 I started working out with Texas Fit Chicks with my buddy Peggy.  This program is 3 days a week at 5am, outside.  Now, if you know me you know I am not a morning person UNLESS I'm on vacation.  I love my sleep.  If I don't have my eight hours I am a royal grump.  And, if I am extremely tired or have insomnia, I suffer from migraines.  So, this was a challenge in itself.

Day 1 after getting up at 4:30am, which I was surprised to find out was on my clock, I headed up to bootcamp.  The location is extremely close to the house which helps. 

So I start the workout and immediately wonder if this is a Biggest Loser secret casting call.  I thought I was going to die.  Got nauseated, thought I was going to puke and could not breathe... OMG what have I done? 

Needless to say, I probably should have eaten a little more the night before and not had a glass of wine.... or two. Now I know.  I make sure to have dinner and also get a bite or two of protein before working out. 

This was week one.  I think I'm behind the tree being sick.

Here we are in all our glory.






Our inspiration in all this is Danyelle.  She is NOT Jillian from Biggest Loser.  She doesn't yell.  I love the fact that she was once where we are now and just a little over a year ago.  She hasn't forgotten it either.

After 5 weeks I was a little discouraged.  I had gained 2 pounds!!!! what's up with that? And I was absolutely famished all the time.  There are reasons for this so I was more pleased by the end of the second 5 week session to have lost a couple of pounds and overall a lot of inches.  I had to go buy new jeans and pants and was a size smaller.  I am actually enjoying the workouts now and can all of the sudden see a difference, especially in my face.

Top and bottom pics are only a couple of weeks apart. 
Check out http://www.texasfitchicks.com/  you might be surprised. 

More updates to come!!!

1 comment:

texasfitchicks said...

I love it! I'm so glad that you found Texas Fit Chicks and have had success with Danyelle (she's one of our best!) Keep up the good work :)
Melody