Wednesday, May 1, 2013

..... and So it Continues

The job search goes on. 

I understand that things may not happen overnight, but as I have said before, I am not a patient person.  Being a single mom for 16 years, being the only one in control and responsible for my life and for my sons... you tend to become maybe a little selfish.  Maybe selfish isn't the word but you handle things, get things done, get up every morning taking care of yourself and another person. When you feel that is taken away it is very unsettling.  I want to have the answers right here in front of me.  I hate the search.

I was watching some absolutely fabulous daytime TV, (note sarcasm) and they were talking about Catherine Zeta-Jones going to a facility for treatment of mental/emotional  issues.... Normal people can't do that.  Plenty of times now and in the past there were days when I would have loved to stay in bed and pull the covers up over my head.  Oh well,  it is what it is.

So far I have sent out or posted on line, 29 resumes to companies or headhunters and talked to 1, ONE and that was through a friend.  The internet is seriously the black hole.  The old saying is true, "It's not what you know, it's who you know". 

So, I thank God for my good friends who call and check on me, who get me out of the house for some girl time, who email me with any leads they can think of no matter how silly they may sound, who make sure I get up and go work out so I will stay healthy and sane through all this.  And thankful for busy time with my kids and family.  The triplets first birthday celebration is this weekend!  We are so lucky to be so blessed with all these new little personalities.  It's so much fun.

... the saga continues.... thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts.

No comments: