Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Unemployment

As of this Friday, July 12th, I will have been unemployed for 3 months.  Hubby asked me last week if I had "enjoyed" my time off.  Say What?  I can't tell you my exact answer, it contained some colorful language.  No,  I have not.  This whole being on a budget thing stinks!  You step one foot out the door and you're going to spend money.  You think of all the projects around the house you can get caught up on.... NOT.  They cost money.  I have come to the realization though that I was spending a lot of unnecessary money when I was working. Lesson in there somewhere.

It is also a lot of WORK to be unemployed.  Keeping track of who you've sent resumes off to.  Who has called you back.  Who you have interviewed with, in person/on the phone/etc....Who has sent you a rejection email.  Who you never heard from.... it's a full time job!

I hear my mom in my head;
"This too shall pass"
"God doesn't close one door without opening a window"
"Everything happens for a reason"
"oh well, Hell."

Her birthday was this past Saturday, I guess that's why she is in my head so much. 

I keep trudging along.  Things will change.  Soon.

No comments: