Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's a New Day

When you think you can't, think again.

After 3 months on $$ from unemployment benefits and now working for awhile on a base salary that is ONE THIRD of what I was making previously, I'm amazed that we are making it. I'm guessing that means we should have had ALOT more in savings?...

I'm all done with the online training, which just about killed me. I was so tense either my jaws hurt from clenching them or I had knots in my neck.  But, I'm done and I really learned stuff!

The drive still stinks.

I can't wait to get out there and see if this selling thing is in my blood. It better be.

Here's a little bit about Rush.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of 78 locations located throughout the United States in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.  These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.

I'll be traveling around north Texas, calling on customers that need commercial vans, pick ups, vans with boxes on the back and then Isuzu box trucks and refrigerated box trucks. It's a whole new environment, culture, work type but I think I'm gonna like it.
A good day driving in except for the cop ahead that must not know about turn signals.

Various trucks out front.  The view from my non sun shine glare window......

announcement shot for magazine

My room

 4pm summer glare.  not pleasant.

No comments: