Monday, August 14, 2017

My Signature Dish

So, I started making this a couple years ago.  I don't have a name for it but I make it all the time.
It's really, REALLY good for fall and winter, espescially when your out camping.  Perfect for an electric skillet.


The basics are:
2 TBLS veg oil
2 rings of a polish type sausage.  my favorite is Chapple Hill.  I might pick up 2 garlic rings, or a garlic and one jalapeno... whatever strikes me at the time.
1 head of cabbage, chopped in big pieces.
1 medium onion, rough chopped
7-8 little sweet peppers, or more.  sliced in rings.
4 cups water or 2 cups water and 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
1 TBLS pepper
1 TBLS celery salt
1 beer,  any kind

In a big pot, add your oil and heat it up.
add onion and peppers and heat till onion is soft.
add your sausage and cook on medium high heet for 7-8 minutes.  stirring occasionally.
add all cabbage, stir contents
add water and cover to cook cabbage down till soft
stir, stir, stir
when cabbage is soft, add salt, pepper, celery salt... to taste.
cover and lower heat to low and simmer about another 10 minutes.  stirring occasionally.

eat

No comments: