Wednesday, January 23, 2019

August 2018 thru January 2019

The last 1/2 of 2018 was not our most positive of our 20 years together.  Let's see, 

  • a carcinoma on my shoulder
  • I lost my job
  • a huge leak in a pipe under our master bathroom
  • hubby's truck was broken into and all his tools stolen
  • the AC broke down
  • I broke my ankle
When it rains it pours.  This has been a huge test for us.  Losing my job may open my future up to new opportunities but as of 1/23/19, that hasn't happened.  I hate taking money out of savings to get by.  Thank God we have the Cobra insurance coverage since this broken ankle thing would have killed us financially.  
So now we are in a new year which means "new deductible".  Yep, our deductible is now $6000.  WHAT? yep.  ONE of my medications is $800 a month.  It's no wonder people go without!  So, we pay $1200 a month for COBRA but then we also have to pay out of pocket the $6000 which will take about 4 months.   hmmmm,  $6000+$1200 x 4 is over $10,000!!!!!!!! CRAP, I have no job. 


One ankle broken and the other sprained. 
When going down the stairs of the RV I will now and forever be going one step at a time.  The right leg went in between steps and broke.  I landed on my left leg which rolled and then I landed on my right side, on concrete.  I have no idea how I did not crack my head, left shoulder or left arm.  

So then there is the job search.  It is a beating. 
  • You have to apply to at least 5 per week to keep your Unemployment status active
  • At the end of the year the jobs are few and far between
  • You send in your resume/application and it's like a black hole
  • You get a phone interview and never hear another word
  • You then break your ankle
  • You get another phone interview with the hiring manager and/or HR VP and all is GREAT! and you never hear another word, or....
  • They set up a tentative face to face along with request you do a presentation,  you email to confirm and they have gone with "another candidate". 
  • You are still sending out at least 5 applications a week. 
During all this the best husband in the world has been taking care of everything.  This whole ankle thing has tested my (and his) patience.  He has cooked, shopped, done laundry, helped me shower and everything in between.  Then there are the best friends ever.  Friends have cooked and swept and taken me to lunch, and done dishes and just called to check in.  I was in the house, off my feet for nearly 4 weeks, except to go to the doctor.  MISERY!  Thank God for hubby, friends and my dogs. 

Our kids all came here for Christmas and we had a blast.  
They are a crazy bunch. 

I'm now walking with my boot and sometimes without it.  It's exhausting but I'm better every day.
I appreciate alot now. My husband.  My kids.  My great friends.  and Netflix. 


No comments: