Friday, March 1, 2019

March 1, 2019.... in like a lion

It's cold outside.  37 degrees this morning is cold!

I can't believe how fast time flies.  It's March already!?  It has been nearly 7 months that I have been looking for a job.  Being laid off makes you feel so inadequate.   You have no closure... you're in limbo.  You are so focused on saving money.  You can't step outside the door without spending money.   You can't make any plans because you have no idea about the future. 

It's been 3 months since I broke my ankle.  The previously mentioned cold is not helping! If I sit for any amount of time, it stiffens up and hurts like crazy.  Then again, walking or standing aren't much fun either!

But, one thing it did show me was the fabulous friends and family members I have.  I'm so lucky. 

I do have lots and lots of pictures from this angle.  Thank God for Netflix.


and I have been trying to do daily devotionals and remain calm. 


Once the doc let me drive again, I got a little pick me up haircut.  Yea me!

I also got to spend time with this fella.  He is now 14 and we know our time with him is limited so we just try and love on him as much as possible.  He is our lovable beast. 

Then there's this one.  He's taken over our lives and our house and our bed this past year but I wouldn't change a thing. 

It's nice to look down and see two feet in two shoes again. 

I also got to see friends and catch up!  Great to be out of the house.

Also spent one night catching up with some special fellas.  The two oldest grands are so fun.



I was lucky to be invited to a friends lake house for a long weekend.  Everyone that knows me knows I love just looking at a lake.  On the Friday we were there, it was cold (again) and rainy so what is a girl to do?  Stay in her PJ's and binge watch Law and Order.  
When the rain finally went away.... wine and the lake.  Nothing better.

Another favorite activity... wine tasting.  Not my favorite wines but it's fun regardless!!!!




 Now it's March. 

One thing that some people may not know is Yes, unemployment benefits in Texas are good for a year, however, there is a max $$ amount on those benefits.... I hit mine this week.    I need a job.  I have sent out over 200 resumes in 6 months.  It is so frustrating.  But,  it will happen.  It has to.

No comments: