Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rude, the Epidemic

Rudeness has become an epidemic. I'm serious. People today are just plain rude. Friends, strangers, family, everybody. When we were younger and someone called and left a message to please call them back, NO ONE would have ever dreamed of ignoring that request. Now days, leaving a message on someones home phone, cell phone, blackberry, whatever is like sending something to the blackholes of outer space. It may take some of my friends (or family) weeks to call me back, IF they ever do. What if it were important at that very moment? Two weeks later just might be a little too late.

What if my friend who committed suicide a couple of weeks back had left someone a message on that very day? Think about that.

What if a friend of yours won the lottery and you didn't call them back?

I've come to the point today, that if I leave a message, that's all I'm going to do. Leave one message. I'm not saying I'm that important that everyone should call back immediately, my point is the call might be important. You wouldn't know would you?


I know i'm not the only one this happens to, well I hope I'm not. I try my best to call someone back in 24 hours if not sooner. They may need a hand. They may need my special recipe for a very important dinner. They may need a shoulder. I'm not too important that their call wouldn't matter.

and then there's being late.... that's a post for another time.

No comments: