Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The countdown and the tears

Well, it is less than 8 weeks and counting to Clay and Amanda's wedding. I've got my dress, suit actually and my shoes for the wedding. My outfit for the rehearsal dinner. Reservations and favors for the rehearsal dinner. Napkins and candies for the reception, etc...etc.. I'm all ready and prepared, right? Wrong. The invitation arrived in the mail today and the waterworks started.

There it was in writing. My son is getting married. Waterproof mascara is definitely on the shopping list.

I am so proud of these kids. They have worked so hard, budgeted, saved arranged done everything themselves. I couldn't be happier with my son's choice of Amanda to spend the rest of his life with. I have no doubt in their determination to make their marriage work.

No comments: