Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer, Vacation? Time off? Are you kidding?

oh, summer... hmmmm vacation?.... not this year, thanks to the oil companies... time off, probably not. Oh how I wish I had gone into teaching. I understand of course teachers are lowly paid for the work they do but there is the time off. Nine months of teaching, starting pay $43,000 a year... hmmm I could have done that. Yes, I'm paid more but at what price? Yes, I do get to travel, but I do not have a substitute who comes in and does my job while I'm gone. I do not have time off at Christmas, Fall Break and Summer Vacation, we do not even get the day after Thanksgiving as a paid holiday.... I know teachers work more than 40 hours a week, I know it's hard dealing with irresponsible, childish, immature students.... oh wait I do that TOO.

Can I make a life change? Something to ponder

No comments: