Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Idea House

Most of those who know me know my favorite magazine is Southern Living. I absolutely love, love this magazine. The recipes. The travel. The decorating. I love it all.

While I was in Port Aransas this past weekend we got to visit the Southern Living Idea House on Mustang Island in Cinnamon Shores. Something I had always wanted to do. It was a lot of fun.

Here are some pics I took going through the house. Can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the front of the house.

This is the porch as you walk in the main door. There is a fireplace to the left of the chairs.

The great room and kitchen.




Master bedroom, love the barn door to the bathroom. I love pocket doors and they aren't always practical or manageable. There was another bedroom I guess I forgot to take pictures of too... Black, White and turquoise color scheme. Really pretty.


This is a little doggie room. I'm a dog lover so I think it's great. Since it is on an outside wall though, I would have made it more a doggie mud room with a dog wash. If you're going to use the space, use it for a reason.


Upstairs is a huge kids area with great bed space and kids media room.



Then, my favorite room. The guest area. It is seperate from the house and I loved it.




All in all pretty cool. One problem, the kitchen area had a step up... not good when carrying food to the table... OR when having people come in and tour. They have had numerous falls.

No comments: