Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy and Fun








This past weekend was busy but it was all fun stuff that hubby and I wanted to do, not stuff we had to do or felt obligated to do. Those weekends are rare. I love hanging out and doing stuff with my guy.

Friday started out at our high school homecoming. Hubby was one of the first graduating classes and I was one of the members of the first class to attend high school and graduate after all four years at North Garland High School. My graduating class is trying to get together at least once a month and we've been pretty succussfull lately thanks to Facebook. Our next venture is to schedule a once a month breakfast. We'll see how that works out.

We all remember the band being bigger, the drill team having more members, etc... We did relive a few moments of our past and none of us feels like we are about to turn (or have turned) 50 years old!


Yes, I can remember the words...
Of spirit and friendship
Of wisdom and truth
These things that you taught us in the days of our youth
The Red and the Black will
display hearts swelled with pride
For our alma mater
NORTH GARLAND HIGH




My great-niece Kayla now attends NG. (the above is her Homecoming Mum and by no means was the largest one there!) Her mom, my niece Misti is also a NG alumni. At the game was my mom, my sister, my niece, my great niece(s)and myself.


I love the way my sister and my niece are standing in this picture. EXACTLY the SAME!!! too funny. Trust me, the apple(s) does not fall far from this family tree.

After halftime the class of 78 group moved the gathering to a local restaurant. Shared more memories and fun.




It was great seeing everyone... Kelly M, Kelly C, Stephanie, Lynda and Brad, Michael (and his mom!), Todd, Renee, Jim (sorry Dianne wasn't feeling well!) Chris and family...


That was Friday. On Saturday we made the trip down to the State Fair of Texas. We traveled via the new DART train direct from downtown Plano all the way to the front gates of the Fair.

We walked alot.
We ate too much.









Saw some beautiful livestock.






Saw some cute images







Rested our feet a bit....




We had a great time together just like we always do. But when all was said and done.... we were still ....



FULL
..
.
.
.
..
.
AS
.
.
.
.
A
.
.
.
.
Well
You get the idea......



No comments: