Thursday, November 19, 2009

I was born in the wrong city or,

My week in Nashville.

I have so many pictures from this week but I don't have my card transfer thingy to download them onto my computer till I get home tomorrow night.

I did work this week. I really did! Promise! BUT, I made the most of being in Music City USA. I was worried that there really wouldn't be much going on here this week since the CMA's were last week and Thanksgiving is next week and all the Christmas season festivities would kick off next week. I was resourceful though and had plenty to do.

Monday night I connected with some old Garland/Sachse TX friends who now live here. Larry is Editor of Country Music Weekly and his wife, Peggy owns a retail shop just south of town. Larry called after I got checked in to my hotel and asked if I would be interested in attending a benefit for the Rob Bironas Charities
http://www.robbironas.net/charities.aspx


and oh by the way, Jamey Johnson will be making an appearance... Jamey Johnson, just last week won at the CMA's for Song of the Year for his song, "In Color". Song of the year is awarded to the songwriter(s). Jamey is a little different. Looks like a mountain man but is a very sweet guy. I talked to him a couple of times through the evening and seems to be a little in awe of all the attention and spotlight.
Two other songwriters took the stage as well. Dallas Davidson and Wynn Varble.

Wynn is on the right. His latest biggest hit is the song he wrote for Brad Paisley, "Waitin on a Woman". Dallas Davidson has writen hit songs for Brooks and Dunn, Brad Paisley and Keith Urban.

This is Larry and Peggy Holden. Larry is Editor of Country Music Weekly but used to live here in Sachse Texas.

....tired now, to be continued....

No comments: